main -> Ghost 2 for Windows
Install guide (64-bit version):
- Unzip the downloaded archive, which contains the following files:
The engine (requires the cygwin1.dll)
Ghost Bitbases (king+pawn vs king+pawn)
Ghost Bitbases (king+pawn+pawn vs king+pawn
with one pawn ram)
Required because the executable has been built with
GCC 4.8 under Cygwin
- It is recommended to use a graphical user interface, for instance:
- To show the help screen, start the engine (without a GUI)
- Increase the transposition table
--hash trans 1G)
- Check whether the bitbases files (kp_kp.gbb and kpp_kp_ram.gbb)
are in the same directory as the executable
- Loading Nalimov tablebases can be tricky, because the
Windows executable (generated by GCC under Cygwin) seems to
have problems with native pathnames.
Using Cygwin's naming convention avoids that problem.
For example, to load the tablebases
from "D:\tablebases", use the following command line option:
--tb nalimov 8M /cygdrive/d/tablebases
- The 64-bit binary assumes that your CPU supports the POPCNT instruction.
If you have an older CPU (from 2010 or earlier), you can use the
non-POPCNT version instead.
- mailto: philipp.classen [at] gmx.net
- or: michael.classen [at] gmx.net
authors: Michael Claßen, Philipp Claßen
Last modified: Thu Oct 27 13:56:41 CET 2014